Ricotta, Pumpkin and Gruyere 'Mac Cheese'
- 500g macaroni pasta
- 700g pumpkin
- 1 cup light milk
- 500g light ricotta
- 150g Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the packets directions, until al dente. When the pasta is cooked, drain it in a colander then rinse it with cold water to prevent the pasta clumping whilst you’re making the sauce.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Peel the pumpkin then cut it into cubes approximately 1 inch long. Place in a microwave safe container with 1/4 cup water, place the lid on, and microwave 8-10 minutes until tender throughout. Drain any excess water and leave to cool for 10 minutes
3. Grate the gruyere cheese
4. In a bowl put the pumpkin, ricotta, and milk. Using a Bamix, puree until it forma a smooth consistency
5. In a medium sized baking dish (mine was 22cmx 35cm) pour the pasta, sauce, and 2/3 of the grated cheese. Season with pepper then mix until the sauce has coated all the pasta
6. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the top begins to turn golden. Serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVE, SERVES 8)
- Energy: 1540kJ
- Protein: 22.8g
- Fat: 9.6g (Saturated fat 5.8g)
- Carbohydrates: 44.5g (Sugars 7.5g)
- Sodium: 326mg